Lindsay's Books

Threaded View
What's going on with Lindsay?  I no longer get catalogs of his reprinted
books and his web site has changed drastically.

Bob Swinney

Re: Lindsay's Books

Dunno about the website, but I've gotten a catalog, ordered, and gotten my
books all within the last few weeks.  And catalogs were arriving every few
months IIRC, even though I don't order from every catalog, maybe skipping
two or three between orders.

Tove

Re: Lindsay's Books
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:58:50 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,

It looks the same (bad) now as it did last year, Bob. Did you want the
Gingery page?  http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/index.html

--
The light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.

It's muzzle-flash.

Re: Lindsay's Books
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:58:50 -0500, "Robert Swinney"

Last Lindsey catalog I got had a note on it to the effect of "Buy
something or we won't send you another catalog".

-Carl

Re: Lindsay's Books
Which is good business.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are here:
http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines /

Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.
-Ron Thompson

Re: Lindsay's Books
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:52:22 GMT, Ron Thompson

How so?

-Carl

Re: Lindsay's Books
If I didn't have a current catalog, I would work from the "Books Now In
Stock" page, since it was updated just four days ago:

http://www.lindsaybks.com/prod/allbks.html

Mike Mandaville

Re: Lindsay's Books
Thanx all!  (esp to Mike) Temporarily consumed with the DA, I was entering
the wrong URL.  I was spelling out "books" rather than abbreviating as in
www.lindsaybks.com.  Of course there really is such a site dealing in old
books, among other things; so my confusion was compounded.  All is well with
the world, now.  I can get in to Lindsay's site.  FWIW, I was looking there
to see if Lindsay did a reprint of  "A Catechism of the Steam Engine" as is
available on line from Michigan Univ.  I saw a link to it in an earlier post
on RCM - sorry I can't recall the name now, but thanx anyway.  Actually I
found a lot of reprints of "A Catechism of the Steam Engine" available from
Abe Books and others for around $20 - $30.  Also found some handsomely
priced originals of this mid 1800's tome.  One was $265 from a used book
dealer - the add was almost apologetic because the dust cover was missing.

Bob Swinney

Site Timeline