Lindsay's Books

What's going on with Lindsay? I no longer get catalogs of his reprinted books and his web site has changed drastically.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Dunno about the website, but I've gotten a catalog, ordered, and gotten my books all within the last few weeks. And catalogs were arriving every few months IIRC, even though I don't order from every catalog, maybe skipping two or three between orders.

Tove

Reply to
Tove Momerathsson

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:58:50 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Robert Swinney" quickly quoth:

It looks the same (bad) now as it did last year, Bob. Did you want the Gingery page?

Larry Jaques

Last Lindsey catalog I got had a note on it to the effect of "Buy something or we won't send you another catalog".

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

If I didn't have a current catalog, I would work from the "Books Now In Stock" page, since it was updated just four days ago:

Mike Mandaville

Reply to
MikeMandaville

Which is good business.

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

hobby pages are here:
Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.

-Ron Thompson

Reply to
Ron Thompson

Thanx all! (esp to Mike) Temporarily consumed with the DA, I was entering the wrong URL. I was spelling out "books" rather than abbreviating as in

Of course there really is such a site dealing in old books, among other things; so my confusion was compounded. All is well with the world, now. I can get in to Lindsay's site. FWIW, I was looking there to see if Lindsay did a reprint of "A Catechism of the Steam Engine" as is available on line from Michigan Univ. I saw a link to it in an earlier post on RCM - sorry I can't recall the name now, but thanx anyway. Actually I found a lot of reprints of "A Catechism of the Steam Engine" available from Abe Books and others for around $20 - $30. Also found some handsomely priced originals of this mid 1800's tome. One was $265 from a used book dealer - the add was almost apologetic because the dust cover was missing.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

How so?

-Carl