Logan lathe for sale

I have a model 210, but with legs, lathe serial #48156 complete with good motor. This lathe had been in my family since it was purchased somewhere in late 1948 I believe. I don't think it has had much use, my grandfather had a foundry and he moved it to his basement when the company closed. I remenber playing with it there and we moved it to my dad's where it never got used. It has been in my possession for the last 29+ years and I need to "downsize"

I am located outside Cleveland OH. As near as I can tell it is complete, has some extra parts and seems to be in very good ship. I have tried to keep the rails oiled so it doesn't rust. The only bad part is the plug on the power cord. I have used it to make a couple of things but my skills are wood and PCs. Turned a chair leg once.

Now comes the tough part, my research tells me these things go for as much as $2,000 down to $600. I feel it should be worth $700-800, with motor and extra parts so that is where I am aiming. I guess I can try the Ebay route if necessary. Serious, I can send pics.

Reply to
bcconrad

A model 210 will be the loose change gear version. Unless this one has been upraded with the quick change, has goodies like a collect closer and collets or is in absolutely unused condition, you will be on the lower end of your $600 to $2000 range. I bought my model 210 for well less than what you are asking, about doubled my original investment after I put in a new headstock bearing, replaced the worn out 3 jaw chuck, replaced some misc. misssing parts, and added some reasonable tooling.

Us> I have a model 210, but with legs, lathe serial #48156 complete with

Reply to
RoyJ