looking for an arc welder or suggestions for one

Hello, i'm looking for a basic arc welder, i'm new at welding so i don't need anything fancy, If there are any suggestions or if someone is looking to sell one i'd be intrested. thanks for any input

Reply to
Ryan Kremser

Ryan

I could sell you a couple of arc welders but odds are you are not in my neck of the woods (SW OK). In addition the ones that I would sell you could be picked up used or new easy enough (Lincoln AC 225 / Miller Thunderbolt AC). That being said I will give you some free advice. Buy a good piece of equipment (Lincoln, Miller, Hobart). If you are budget minded the least expensive price of admission is the AC welder. You will pay about $150 more for an AC/DC machine. (this would be my suggestion.) I would highly recommend taking a class at your local vo tech / community college in welding. You will have the opprotunity to be instructed by an experienced weldor and you can burn a large quantity of rod for a nominal price. (My local vo tech charges about $120 for a

36 hr course).

Have fun and be safe.

Douglas

Reply to