looking for cheap tig welder

is there such a thing,,,,,,,,looking to weld stell+aluminum,,,,,,,,small shop stuff. no production...... who is a good source?????? jim

Reply to
JimH720113

Gunner just got one for a song. Since he don't know how to use it, maybe he'll give it to you

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There's a Lincoln Square Wave TIG 300 on eBay right now for 1/4 of what I paid for one. (although, no regulator/flowmeter, no cooler, and I think no TIG torch. I got one for $1300 this spring, I'm still learning the aluminum process, but it is absolutely spectacular on steel and stainless! I love not having to breathe the vast quantity of fumes with stick welding, and will resist ever going back to that awful process! (The Square Wave TIG will do stick very well, however.) Most models (including the one I saw last night on eBay) run on single phase 208, 220 or 440 V.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

For new, look at the Miller Econo-Tig.......otherwise, look for a used one from somebody with rocks for brains. That's what I do/

Reply to
Michael

The problem with that is knowing what's good to buy if you're not a pro.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Not really. If you find one, ask here...........that's what I do.

Reply to
Michael

Classifieds in one hand, mouse in t'other -- got it.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Indeed.

Where do you live Jim? Ive got a line on all manner of tigs in all price ranges. They will not be hip slick and cool inverters yada yada..but they will work.

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building? On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's? Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc. Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets. Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that "civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops" Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism

Reply to
Gunner