Machining Copper

Are there any special tricks to machining copper ?

I need to bore out some half inch sock x mt adapters to add pipe to the threaded end for thermowells.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

I make copper EDM electrodes all the time. it wants to grab and smear. I blunt all my tools with a short land of 0 rake right at the cutting edge. I just use a stone. i use WD-40 for cutting lube.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Use evaporated milk (in a can) for cutting fluid. No kidding.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Oh come on, you have to be kidding?