Metal suggestion

I need a good METAL nose hair cutter. I've bought a couple of $10 ones, and they end up in the bottom of the drawer. What is a good one, reasonably priced, that will stay sharp?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I am also looking for an ear hair cutter.

Ignoramus24270

Are there two different apparati? Would a nose hair cutter work for ear hair, and visa versa? Or do I have to buy two separate devices?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

Myself, I find that ear hairs can be pulled out with little pain, but nose hairs hurt a lot when pulled.

Elijah

------ has no better suggestion than small scissors

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

I do not have nose hair often, but the ear hairs I try to pull out, it is time consuming.

Ignoramus24270

Pete C.

Us REAL men use a Bic lighter! Nose and ears...you little girls!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

REAL MEN use a blue wrench!!!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Wimp! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Angle grinder

Reply to
F Murtz

Only if you want to look like Mr. Spock. How else would he keep those things so pointy? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Self lighting Mapp torch?

.

Us REAL men use a Bic lighter! Nose and ears...you little girls!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have used the scissors on my Victorinix (sp?) Swiss Army knife for this purpose over the last 20 years or so. It's the small one with the toothpick, tweezers, scissors, knife blade and fingernail sander-screwdriver. I think they cost between $10 and $20 most places. You need to be careful with the scissors for nose hairs because the tips of the scissors are very finely pointed and you don't want to poke yourself. But that aside, they are the best solution I have ever found. My wife cuts my hair since about 1990 or so. Prior to that, the barber would trim the nose hairs.

I had to buy many of these knives after the 2001 event because I continuously forgot to take the knife out of my pocket and pack it in baggage on a plane ride and "they" took them away from me. That's why, if you check Ebay, you can still see them for sale in lots of 5 or 9 (I think).

Pete Stanaitis

----------------

Reply to
Pete S

Conair makes decent ones, but hey are battery operated

  1. Lie
Gunner

Thanks. Well, Goddam. Someone finally made a suggestion. Figured I'd finally connect with a metal person. Eventually.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Someone did suggest GroomMate, but here it is again:

I have one, and it works quite well.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I'd guessed someone would know. I use small scissors on my nose hairs. Someday I might let them grow, and have them braided and beaded.

.

Thanks. Well, Goddam. Someone finally made a suggestion. Figured I'd finally connect with a metal person. Eventually.

Steve

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Looks like they run from $6-$15

Gunner, who has used a Conair for the past 5 yrs..still works fine.

  1. Lie
Gunner

Revlon used to sell a little scissor device for nose and ear trimming:

Mine is maybe 10 years old. I looked for them awhile back and couldn't find them anymore (why I took a picture). You might get lucky browsing around in a drugstore with low turnover... They were located in the same area as the tweezers and nail scissors. I have one of the old battery Wahl units but quit using it when I got the little Revlon scissors, which I much prefer.

Ek Success had a similar item but not the rounded tips. Looks like it may have been discontinued too, probably why I can't find it in the store anymore...

There are some mechanical versions of the rotary design here:

The Tweezerman unit looks interesting, especially if it is made decent. The battery was ALWAYS a problem with the Wahl unit. Had to fuddle around with it every time and more than once to use it.

Reply to
Leon Fisk