Mini Mill gears

Has anyone replaced the gears in a Harbor Freight Mini Mill? Did you replace all or just the stripped one? Replace with plastic or metal? Any gotchas?

Reply to
aasberry

Goto

for the uptime lowdown on both mini machines.

The metal ones will last longer, from what I've read. Belts are good.

I've had one of these little machines in my sights for decades now... No room for a big one, no money for a little one.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Check the various options at Little Machine Shop. They have after market metal gears for many of the popular small pieces of equipment. Alternatively converting your machine to a belt drive might be an option for you. Many people have found they get a quieter machine that provides better surface finishes by going to belt drive.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

2nd littlemachineshop. A+ service. Bill
Reply to