Moving Bridgeport

I only want to move it 100', is there any reason not to lift and carry it by the ram with a forklift? It' a 2-hp 42" table variable speed, I forget the model.

I want to move it closer to the rest of the machine shop.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yes, by the ram, and put 2x4s between forks and the ram to prevent scratching or slippage. This is how they are moved.

Ignoramus29264

When I bought this one @5 years ago, Roger lifted/moved it from underneath and DROPPED IT! $500 in parts from Gunner's buddy and bent lead screws...so, I needed to make sure. Thanks1

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom Gardner fired this volley in news:ma8ft2$ug1$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Ig said it right, but take advantage of any drafts in the ram, if you have them. When we moved my R2E4, the rigger slipped a Kevlar sling through the ram via the wiring drafts, and moved it like a child's toy. We did this on both ends of the 100-mile jaunt, and the machine suffered no damage.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Is Roger now Rogeretta? You didn't require it to be rigged TO the forklift, too, in case it shifted?!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Rev it up, git 'er moving, hit the brakes, and go Bowling for Dollars?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've almost killed him a number of times.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

As long as Roger doesn't drop it again, I doubt your friend had the parts I'd need again.

Reply to
Tom Gardner