My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

[posted some days ago in uk.rec.models.engineering]

Hi!

Because someone asked about a press brake (in urme), I took the time to make some photos and write a brief description of my press I built some years ago.

I have decided to built this 10 to. press when I found a really interesting concept of bending sheet metal. It replaces the vee die with a polyurethane bar. This solution is very good for fine work, because it doesn't scratch the work and is simpler than making your own vee die, hardening and grinding it. This press can also be used as a normal shop press and additionally has an attachment for bending bars straight.

You find a description here: <http://www.motor-manufaktur.de/werkstatt/shop-press/en_index.html>

If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Enjoy, Nick

--
The modular DRO Available now in USA / Canada
<http://www.yadro.de> ..|....|....|....|....|....|....|..

Thanks for posting that.

Dan

I also enjoyed your Gack Shaper, as we would call a "feinhobler" here in america. But I have to ask- dont you have a Deckel? I thought every small shop in germany had an FP1.

Yes, I have. A Deckel FP 1. Built 1946. No, it was _not_ new when I bought it. :-)) And no, my lathe is not a Weiler. :-(

Nick

--
The modular DRO
Available now in USA / Canada

That's a great site. I'll have to find my old German-English dictionary and read about the engines.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:48:03 +0000, Joe Landau wrote:

Or just use Google to translate it. Not perfect, but usually readable.

Upon request, I have added a few photos while bending sheet metal.

Nick

--
The modular DRO
Available now in USA / Canada