My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

Threaded View
[posted some days ago in uk.rec.models.engineering]

Hi!

        Because someone asked about a press brake (in urme), I took the
time to make some photos and write a brief description of my press I
built some years ago.

        I have decided to built this 10 to. press when I found a really
interesting concept of bending sheet metal. It replaces the vee die with
a polyurethane bar. This solution is very good for fine work, because it
doesn't scratch the work and is simpler than making your own vee die,
hardening and grinding it.
        This press can also be used as a normal shop
press and additionally has an attachment for bending bars straight.

        You find a description here:
<http://www.motor-manufaktur.de/werkstatt/shop-press/en_index.html>

If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Enjoy,
Nick
--
The modular DRO Available now in USA / Canada
<http://www.yadro.de> ..|....|....|....|....|....|....|..

Re: My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener
Thanks for posting that.

                                         Dan

Re: My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

I also enjoyed your Gack Shaper, as we would call a "feinhobler" here
in america.
But I have to ask- dont you have a Deckel?
I thought every small shop in germany had an FP1.

Re: My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

Yes, I have.
A Deckel FP 1. Built 1946. No, it was _not_ new when I bought it. :-))
And no, my lathe is not a Weiler. :-(

Nick
--
The modular DRO
  Available now in USA / Canada

Re: My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

Or just use Google to translate it. Not perfect, but usually readable.

Re: My DIY shop press, press brake and bar straightener

Upon request, I have added a few photos while bending sheet metal.

Nick
--
The modular DRO
  Available now in USA / Canada

Sorry for the wrong link. It is <www.veith-kg.de>
But still they have no english home page. :-(

Nick
--
The modular DRO
  Available now in USA / Canada