NAMES Attendance

You guys that went, How was the show?

Bob

Reply to
bob_1fs

I'm enjoying it. Attendance is down a bit this year but then the economy isn't exactly booming. I'm not disapointed I came down.

Next year the show is going to be at the Southgate Civic Center in Michigan.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Great as always! I talked to people till I was hoarse on Saturday, a bit less on Sunday. Got a

5C collet chuck with D1-6 mount for my Sheldon lathe. Sold 4 excess servo motors, too.

I had a loose wire on my demo CNC mill when I set it up Sat. morning, but eventually found it and ran rigid tapping demos all day. Sunday I ran a contouring demo. The EMC booth had even more business than I did. I should have taken more pictures, as always I was just google-eyed at all the incredible stuff people had made.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It was a great show. I attended Bob Swinney's seminar on phase converters and Mike Rehmus' on 3D cad. There was a good one on backyard metal casting with demo by Rick Chownyk. Also met Bob, Mike, Errol Groff, saw Dick Triemstra, Brian Lawson, etc. Not to be missed. I picked up some tooling, couple books, and the die filer kit from Andy Norquist of Metal Lathe Accessories. Andy is very friendly and knowledgeable, great to talk to.

Based on Rehmus' demo of Alibre Design, I've loaded it and started through the tutorials. Looks pretty good. I'll decide later if I'm going to go with Express (free) or pay for one of the commercial offerings. I've already received a discount offer, so I think the prices are pretty good.

The crowds were down, at least as measured by the line to get in, but still good. I heard multiple times that the show is going back to Southgate next year, so it's back to a day trip for me, at least until the wife retires and we move to Texas.

I took some pics, will try to upload later. I've got to get on some honey-do's right now. And soon, my son is coming home on leave for a few weeks. He's bringing his RRA M4 with him. We plan on buying a couple .45's and spending some time at the range. Anybody got a recommendation on a good inexpensive 1911?

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Don Foreman

Where was your booth? I stopped at the EMC booth. Sorry I missed you.

Wes

Wes

Hi Pete, I was the guy that ran out to the parking lot go get my laptop so Bob had a computer to his presentation with. Sorry I didn't get to say hi to you.

I bought the low end copy last Monday. I get Model Engine Builder magazine, I was tempted to buy a license and Mr Rehmus's demo sealed the deal. The B drawings in the mags sold me on it.

It is a bit closer to me now. The venue is a bit expensive and not working out so well form what I was told from a gent I'll not name but who is part of the leadership that runs the show.

I *still* don't have a 1911 or an AR but I'm way over the national average of firearms ownership.

I've got pics to upload also. I'm working a lot of hours lately so it may take a while to get them up.

Wes

Wes

Pardon my poor spelling, sentance construction, proofreading, ect.

Wes

Wes

Sorry Wes.

In the confusion re. the missing laptop, I thought it was Pete that went for it. Thank you - Wes ! It was good to meet you and Pete. The only other RCM er was our NAMES coordinator Brian Lawson.

Hi Pete, I was the guy that ran out to the parking lot go get my laptop so Bob had a computer to his presentation with. Sorry I didn't get to say hi to you.

I bought the low end copy last Monday. I get Model Engine Builder magazine, I was tempted to buy a license and Mr Rehmus's demo sealed the deal. The B drawings in the mags sold me on it.

It is a bit closer to me now. The venue is a bit expensive and not working out so well form what I was told from a gent I'll not name but who is part of the leadership that runs the show.

I *still* don't have a 1911 or an AR but I'm way over the national average of firearms ownership.

I've got pics to upload also. I'm working a lot of hours lately so it may take a while to get them up.

Wes

Robert Swinney

Tell you what Wes. I'll send you my personal sidearm. My Uncle, My Father and I all wore it. WWII,WWII, Korea and the Nam. LOL I'll need your left nut or first born, however. No kdding on that......

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Price a bit too high, some day I'll likely have uncles but that price will also be too high if you get my drift.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I do Wes but it's different with my folks and me. We pass along our stuff in person. I was just funnin' as you obviously discerned but I'll say this. Don't wait. The satisfaction of passing stuff along as you wish is - well - I can't describe it. You have the opportunity to fill in the blanks. That is the really meaninful part.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:23:30 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

Ayup. I thought Tauruses had lower prices than most mfgrs. Some more reviews:

Or googlit:

Food for thought?

Larry Jaques