Need a source for 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive. I need to get 50-100 of them.

Can a help with a source?

Reply to
celticsoc

If you don't have to do anything to them, hardened balls for bearings are readily available. Might even find them in one of those hardware store box assortment racks.

Reid Supply has various types.

John Martin

Reply to
jmartin957

I've had good luck getting steel and brass balls from an ebay vendor - you may wish to search there

Reply to
Bill Noble

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R.

McMaster-Carr

Unhardened, non-precision:

96455K56 Low-Carbon Steel Ball 1/2" Diameter, Grade 1000 In stock at $7.94 per Pack This product is sold in Packs of 100

Hardened, bearing quality:

9528K24 E52100 Alloy Steel Ball 1/2" Diameter, Grade 25 In stock at $14.01 per Pack This product is sold in Packs of 100
Reply to
Ned Simmons

Most bearing suppliers sell individual bearing balls.

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn