Need a step pulley with a 7/8" bore with keyway

If anyone has any for sale, let me know please... I want to redo my drill press... thanks

Ignoramus2943

(A deep rumble, as packrats all over the globe dig through their pulley box)

Reply to
Rex B

... and are endlessly happy that they found exactly the pulley requestet:

  • Right number of steps
  • right diameter for every single step
  • fits exactly the V-belt

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

You can do the hole size and keyway with your lathe.

Reply to
Jordan

see

Unka' George (George McDuffee) .............................. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be "too clever by half." The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters.

John Major (b. 1943), British Conservative politician, prime minister. Quoted in: Observer (London, 7 July 1991).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

They seem to have only one step pulley, and that one has a 3/4" bore:

Item# 1-2428-A

Maybe I can buy it and drill out to 7/8"... the price is cheap. I just hope that there is enough material to remove 1/8" more.

Ignoramus2943

There are tons of step pulleys with 3/4" bores, check McMaster-Carr. The question is whether you can rebore, but it's not only reboring, you will also have to enlarge the keyway since a 7/8" shaft takes a larger key (I believe).

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The surpluscenter pulley has a setscrew...

Ignoramus2943

========= That's why I buy there. Service is not bad either.

Only made three purchases, some gear mortors and some big caps for an EDM project, but everything seems good. Check out their DC motor/controllers.

Unka' George (George McDuffee) .............................. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be "too clever by half." The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters.

John Major (b. 1943), British Conservative politician, prime minister. Quoted in: Observer (London, 7 July 1991).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I bought stuff from them as well.

Ignoramus2943

Dude, How bout .865 bore? (import, of course) Should be able to ream it.

4 step, pitch diams: 2.75, 2, 1.25, .75, about 4" long, looks like at least a 4L belt.

But you must vote for me.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I can vote for you...

Ignoramus31708

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

buy an oversize bushing with a keyway and turn down the OD.

way you'd have a matching pair.

Ignoramus2943 wrote:

Reply to
spaco