Need a tap for a Sturmey Archer thread

I am having trouble finding a 13/32" x 26tpi tap.

This is the thread size for a Sturmey Archer rear axle.

Anyone know if these are available in the USA?

Lewis.

*****
Reply to
limeylew

Ordinarily, someone would tell you the McMaster-Carr part number to look at, but their tap selection webpage doesn't list

13/32", so maybe that won't happen. If you can't find a tap, perhaps you could buy some $1 Sturmey Archer 13/32" Axle Nuts from
and weld them to whatever you're trying to attach.
Reply to
James Waldby

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question. 13/32" x 26 tpi is not a standard size (to my knowledge). Could the size be the more standard metric M10 x 1.0 (25.4 tpi)?

Reply to
Denis G.

Considering they're British I might have suspected BSC (British Standard Cycle)

but that doesn't appear to include 13/32" unless SA made a special.

Reply to
David Billington

That 26 TPI sounds vaguely like it might be a brass thread. They were all

26 TPI
Reply to
Grumpy

British Standard Cycle thread

check the CEI link at the top of the page for more cycle threads.

I have seen taps and dies for bicycle threads on Ebay on occasion.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)