need Millermatic 250 accessories

A Millermatic 250 followed me home from the auction recently...

I have the base unit and the AL spool feed unit with 30' cables, nothing else. I'd like to get the unit all set up like this offer:

I'm looking for a long ground cable and clamp. The one with the unit is eight feet long, not good enough.

Also regulator. On this subject, I have both Argon and CO2 tanks. Is a multiple tank mixer made? That is, roll yer own stargon. What's the name for this, maybe i can score one on fleabay.

I need the entire mig gun assembly for steel wire. Any suggestions on what's best and where to buy.

If anyone happens to have some of this, contact me. karltownsendembarqmail.com

Karl

P.S. I'm putting up a great deal on a Century mig unit on Craig's list.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Long ground is easy. Just grab a length of cable and add a couple ends. If you don't want to pat the big money for ready made ends grab a couple sections of copper tubing that just fit the cable. Crimp them down flat and drill a hole through the flat to bolt it together. Also suggest you solder the end going in the machine.

You want a multiple gas manifold. With it you can hook up 2+ different tanks and mix gas all you want to match the welding you have. I currently have 4 bottles on mine. Argon, CO2, Helium and Hydrogen. Each bottle has a regulator and flow meter.

Reply to
Steve W.

I've been surfing the web for this. Smith equipment makes a unit for $1400. NOT going to happen. Haven't seen anything else. I did see mention of a home made joining of two flow regulated lines with "T" and check valves. Is this what you have? Are you happy with it?

Or is there a product offer out there I've not uncovered?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

All you need is a manifold with check valves. Your cylinders each need a standard regulator and flowmeter combination. You will waste some gas setting the flowmeters appropriately.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hydrogen.

????????????????

I'm not a welder, so what is hydrogen used for with a hot electric arc?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Oh, for GOSH SAKES! Get a plumbing Tee with NPT threads! That's ALL you need! You use the flowmeters and valves on the existing regulators to figure out how much of each gas you are mixing. There should be no need at all for check valves, especially if the regulators have needle valves on the flowmeters. You just close the valve on the regulator(s) you are not using.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

From Ernie Leimkuhler:

You could also check the flow rate for each gas using a stopwatch and bubbling the gas into an inverted water-filled glass bottle of known volume.

Reply to
Denis G.

offer:

Thanks for the link. If its good enough for Ernie, its good enough.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

offer:

Yep, need one. did you find anything to trade yet? the cadilac is still just sittin around.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend