new welder

"The Kid" just conned me out of my welders. he needs them for his shop. Anyway, I'm just now in the market for a nice welder.

90% of my welding is with a stick on steel 1/8 to 1" thick. I need AC and DC.

9% of my welding is on thin steel down to 14 gauge with a MIG gun.

1% of my welding is TIG on stainless. I don't do it often, but food equipment requires this.

I used to do AL but gave up. I've got a friend that welds for fresh yellow tail snapper. I like to catch snappers, he likes to weld AL.

I want commercial quality new or like new. What's a good choice? I've heard of units that do it all, but truthfully never paid attention as I never planned to change.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I have a 500 amp Monarc stick welder for sale, DC only, 3 phase, $75.

It has a remote control too.

I may scrap it real soon if no takers emerge.

Ignoramus16025

You are going to need at minimum..a 250 amp welder if you are doing 1"

While the old Miller Dialarc 250 HF isnt new...they are bullet proof as can be and will do mig and stick rather nicely.

$500-600)

About 300 lbs...transformer machine, so they are nearly bullet proof.

The new inverter machines are marvelous,

until you need one repaired...they they can make you cry. Lots of inverter machines out there, really cheap...with expensive repairs needed.

A perfect example...

Now if you have real..real 3 phase...that might be something to look at. Lots of them out there for cheap..not too many people have enough 3ph to run one.

This one does everything....

Then of course there is the Syncrowave 250....which sometimes..you can find cheap...well..cheaper...

Why do you want new..or near new? They will cost you at minimum...$2500 and you can get a good used one for under a grand.

Then there are engine powered welders...

( I LOVE..LOVE mine)

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Sigh...correction...TIG and stick rather nicely...sorry

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

This is what I'm looking for. I've heard horror stories about repair bills. I'm tempted on this one or another like this but how do I know I'm not buying somebody elses problems?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend