Norton on a Shirline

I am new to this newsgroup. I have been working off and on since 1990 on a 1/3 scale working model of a 1937 Norton motorcycle. The engine will be very basic on the inside, and will look as close as I can get it to the real motorcycle on the outside. This will run, shift, brake, etc. So far, I have, on paper only, the engine finished 90%, the frame

95%, primary 60%, transmission 10%, brakes/wheels 90%.

Anybody out there tackle a project like this? I would love to hear from you if you have. I am not after any "secrets", I am just a person who enjoys a challenge building and designing projects. By the way, the reason I decided to do this is in

1990 a machinist told me that "it would be impossible to build a motorcycle on a miniature mill and lathe". After a little research, I discovered he was wrong, in my opinion, and decided to prove my point.

The CAD work was done with AUTOCAD and CADKEY.

Ernie Daniel snipped-for-privacy@terragon.com

Reply to
Ernie Daniel

I haven't but it can definitely be done. Check this out:

Sorry, but it's a big file and I can't find anything about it other than the movie itself but it's impressive! The guy built a working model of a Ferrari that actually runs and shifts and everything.

Actually I don't think he mentions what equipment he used to make it but I'm sure it can be done.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall