not really OT: Looking for mobile work station for factory floor

I seem to be spending an infinite amount of time as a controls consultant i n a busy metalworking factory. As of now, my tools & supplies are residing in various cardboard boxes, piled in the corner. When I need to use my lapt op, I find something to set it on, and (hopefully) a place to sit.

I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet wi th some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller d rawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.

Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.

Thanks,

JPB

Reply to
rangerssuck

I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet with some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller drawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.

Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.

Thanks,

JPB

=====================

I vaguely remember seeing GM plant maintenance personnel with rolling work stations.

Jim Wilkins

I can't think of any products to suggest, but my mind immediately leaps to the idea that to maximize stability of the laptop you want the tools down low. 'course, that'll also maximize strain to your back...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Menards has a chest with pull out work surface. Like this:

They will ship to home if there isn't one in your area. The bottom drawers with wheels is listed in the Optional Accessories. Quite the bundle of money but may give you some ideas to research :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Try foreman's desk. But it seems like a foreman's desk on a rolling tool cabinet would be better, especially if the drawers opened out the back instead of under the overhanging desk part.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

You need to make something that suits your needs exactly.

Start with a good shop cart with great rubber casters.

Add a cabinet on top and screw it down.

Use the remaining room on the cart for the stuff you will be hauling around.

Ignoramus11049

Reply to
Ignoramus11049

I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet with some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller drawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.

Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.

Thanks,

JPB

Global Industrial will probably have something just right for you. I have one of their mobile work stations housing the control computer for one of my CNC mills right now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think the dog is an essential carry-on ;-)

Reply to
gray_wolf

Ooh, that's a nice one.

What does that SnapOff set cost now, $37k?

For a 12 y/o girl?

5" is the smallest I'll use in the shop, 3" in the kitchen.
Reply to
Larry Jaques

No.

Reply to