NPT/JIC adapter blanks

I'm looking for blank NPT/JIC (37 degree flare fitting) adapters, i.e. an adapter without the hole for fluid flow drilled through it. It seems to me that there ought to be something like that available somewhere. I could just start from scratch and make my own, but that seems like a really big PITA. I plan on drilling out the blank and putting in things like a check valve and debris screen.

thanks, ......Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Case

Don Young

Some of the things I'd like to try involve having a smaller than standard size hole. I could braze pieces into the fitting and then go from there, but if I can avoid doing that I'd prefer to. I'm not working towards a single item here - I have a bunch of different things I'd like to try, and the only thing they have in common is that a no-hole NPT/JIC adapter would be a convenient place to start.

I realize this is an oddball item, but there are things available that I never would have imagined if I hadn't seen them, so I figured I'd ask.

best, ......Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Case

When I do something like this I usually just tap the inside to an NPT (or other) thread from the NPT side and make my insert part with the same thread on the OD... |

Reply to
Rick