Old shop books

I have a couple old 'how to' books: "The boy mechanic" by the Popular Mechanics company (Simon and Schuster), printed 1962 and "Giant Home Workshop Manual" Popular Science Publishing (Grosset & Dunlap) Copyright

1941, reprinted 1946. These are obviously reprints from the various magazines.

I'd like to get some similar ones if they weren't too expensive. Are there others out there? Names? How to buy? Ebay?

Reply to
RoyJ

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Go to

Lee-Valley Hardware site and do a search on [ classic reprints ]. You will get dozens of choices, many of which are old tip collections. These are new reprints, in good quality bindings, some paper, some hard cover.

Others are interesting in various way, including the old "Bull of the Woods" reprints -- 3 volumes now -- about life in an old-time machine shop.

-- --Pete "Peter W. Meek"

Peter W. Meek

Robert Swinney

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:38:38 GMT, RoyJ calmly ranted:

has that entire Boy Mechanic set plus a few others, all at nice prices. Some of their reprints of woodworking books go for under $6. Lee Valley for price if available. Otherwise, Harold pointed out the Lindsay Books URL.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cool! I'd never heard of Lee Valley.

Thanks.