OT Soft or pneumatic 6" diameter narrow wheels?

Any other sources (online USA) for these wheels or similar?

About 6" diameter, no more than 1.5" wide, pneumatic or soft shock absorbent rubber.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

(they list a whole bunch, starting at about 5 bucks).

Also try your local lawnmower shop.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Tom Gardner

For free, maybe! You might try your local hospital maitenance department. I've salvaged wheels from broken/disfunctional gurneys and was given other wheels, already removed by the maintenance men. These are pretty nice wheels.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Yeah, that sounds good.

Also wheelchair wheels, small front or anti-tip wheels. And maybe walker wheels. I found some online that might work.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

If the stick could flex - essentially a shock absorber - it would keep the drive wheel in better contact with the ground.

RicodJour

This is what it looks like.

N04/ (replace the space with an AT sign)

That bouncing is less problematic with more experience. A larger wheel might help, but weight is my primary concern. Besides upgrading the batteries to lithium-ion, I will reduce the structure weight. Some functional improvements can be made, but increasing its weight is extremely undesirable.

Reply to
John Doe