OT: The WMDs have been found

Quote: The samples were in containers that ranged in size "from small vials to tubes the length of a pen," Okabe said.

Q: How much MD can a pen-sized tube of phosgene do?

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

It doesn't matter. The article was directed at readers who only read the subject line.

Note followups.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Damned little actually.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Kill everyone in a subway system. All sorts of mayhem.

Don't you remember what happened in Japan ?

Mart> "Camilo Ramos" writes:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

So what was the deal on these? From what I was able to read through ignorant-reporter-speak, these are just ampules of calibration samples?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

And from the 90's - note how that isn't related at all to anything currently going on.

Reply to
marc.britten

BFHD! Samples of "an industrial chemical" that just happens to be toxic? - Small ones at that. Next they'll claim hydrazine as a WMD. This headline is a Bush plant.

Reply to
MadDogR75

Ampules is a massive amount of many of these poisons. If it were bio - then it would be enough for New York as it grows in time as well.

An ampule if broken is a mL or so and in chemical talk that is something. It isn't much booze or gasoline, but of some chemicals yep.

Think agent orange or nerve gas or .... good enough for a lot.

Mart> >> Kill everyone in a subway system.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Phosgene isn't nearly that dangerous, by many orders of magnitude.

I made some accidentially when I was a kid by burning carbon tetrachoride on red hot nichrome wire in a heater. When I smelled the "new mown hay" odor mentioned in my parent's chemistry textbooks, the lightbulb went off, and I left the area and allowed the gas to dissipate. I did cough for awhile.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn