OT: Trump's unofficial campaign song

================== Try this one

F. George McDuffee

Too general and obscure.

Tailored suits, chauffeured cars Fine hotels and big cigars ~ ~ A French maid, foreign chef A big house with king size bed ~ ~ Come on come on, love me for the money Come on, come on, listen to the money talk

(and completely lose sight of the fact that I'm just an obnoxious buffoon, the likes of which one would otherwise despise)

Reply to
oparr

And there's someone else running who is -not- all the above? Please tell us their name. As I see it, every soul (well, if any candidate actually has one) running is bought and paid for, too.

What would you think about a Donald/Carly ticket? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Donald Duck or Donald Trump? Anything seems to be possible these days in th e GOP camp. But seriously (I know, something of an oxymoron when discussing DT), let's indulge the illusion of him being the next POTUS...What's one o f his signature pledges?...The wall! Never mind that it's a reprise of Herm an Cain's fence idea, but since he insists it's a wall and not a fence, let 's call it "The great wall of America", no wait, maybe it should be called "The great wall of Mexico" or better still "The great wall by Mexico" since that allows common ground for location and who is supposed to build it. Wh atever, I'll call it the "The great wall" (TGW) going forward.

Now, my pappy always told me never quarrel with the help who cooks your foo d since one never knows what happens behind the kitchen door. Remember the scene from Spielberg's "The Color Purple" where Oprah spits in the guy's le monade? So here's DT ruffling feathers south of the boarder and expecting n ot only Mexicans to build TGW but also to pay for it. He probably pictures the US side having his name in large letters every mile looking something l ike this;

"!!!!!TRUMP!!!!!TRUMP!!!!!TRUMP!!!!!TRUMP!!!.."

but in terms of quality and breach resistance he's probably going to "see" his name every inch "looking" something like this;

"GRINGO trump!!!!!GRINGO trump!!!!!GRINGO trump!!!.."

And that applies even if the US pays for it using Mexican labor.

In case you misunderstood, any ticket with DT on it is a disaster waiting t o happen for the US, IMO.

Reply to
oparr

Many articles have labeled Carly Fiorina as "Worst Tech CEO".

--

I used that quote before you, Larry.

Reply to
mogulah

Hey Spehro, you're one of the few remaining sane Usenet members from the good old days. I've changed handles a few times so you probably don't remember me. Perhaps this photo may jog your memory;

We were discussing it around 15 years ago. Do you still have yours? Mine can still shear a sheet of paper or 1/16" Alu with the same setting. Certainly used it a lot and never needed to sharpen it.

But I digress, yeah, DT probably doesn't deserve the talent of ACDC in the same thread.

Reply to
oparr

Yup, still got it, use it probably monthly. You named yours Lucy Liu? .. okay.

;-)

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Trump, of course.

I noted that you didn't mention any names (even Carly Fiorina) either. ;)

I vote for vaporizing lasers to cover the border. No evidence!

So, who gets your vote in 2016?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Experienced, competent men like Graham and Kasich don't have the star power the public demands. We'll get the leader we deserve.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

It's way too early in the race to make such a decision. But no way in hell it would be DT.

Reply to
oparr

boarder ---> border

Reply to
oparr

Had a 90's crush on her. Still like her a lot for some strange reason. Saw where Philip Fry (Futurama) also had a crush on her, man was I jealous. Just kidding of course.

Reply to
oparr

Well, Kasich talks a mean fiscal program, but I don't like his stance on immigration, environment, education, or foreign policy. And I agree with him on it being time to move on regarding gay marriage.

What I really don't want to do is put yet another career politician in the top spot, thankyouverymuch. I fully supported Perot and I may end up supporting Trump, even though I laughed when I heard that he was running. How about a Rand/Ron Paul ticket?

I kinda like Carson and Huckabee, but they're both too religious for me. I severely dislike Trump's "take the oil" statement.

If your choice were limited to Sanders, Biden (har), or Billary, who would get your nod?

If it were up to me, I'd dump the entire CONgress and fill it with people randomly picked from legal Americans. The result couldn't be any worse than what corrupt career politicians have given us.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

To give you an idea of how many times pols repeat the same 'message'

Who should we blame?

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

LOL! DT should be a magnet for caricature, but somehow I haven't seen many.

Reply to
oparr

I'd enter myself as a write-in. For $1000 I could be listed on the ballot. In 2012 we had 33 Republicans and 13 Democrats to choose from. When John McCain ran out of funds for media ads he campaigned effectively here in person, as have many others. You don't even need a black Suburban.

The result would be fragmented into useless factions like France. New Hampshire has a very large, essentially volunteer legislature that sometimes gets that way.

"The House of Representatives consists of 400 members coming from 204 districts across the state created from divisions of the state's counties, each making up about 3,000 residents for every one legislator. If the same level of representation were present in Congress, the U.S. House of Representatives would have approximately

99,000 members, according to current population estimates."

"The annual pay for legislators is set by law at $100.00, plus a per diem for each day they attend."

Gov Christie compared NH to NJ by saying we may have to drive a long way to a hospital, while in NJ you trip over one every four miles. OTOH we can -much- more easily find and discuss our concerns with our state reps. I was chatting with the Speaker of the House last weekend at a gun range.

We also have annual Town Meetings where all interested residents can debate and vote on next years' town and school budgets. You really don't want to spend all day listening to endless incoherent amateur arguments over trivia.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Yeah, it's either that or suicide, eh?

Useless factions? Sounds like current Reps and Dems to me.

Congress or NH? That's $36,500 if they worked all 365 days a year. Per Diem is $406.85 for each of those 365 days? I think not.

Har! Cool.

Crom, NO!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry, the quotes (") indicate that the text between them came from that Wiki article and refers specifically to NH, and "annual" means yearly.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins