oxy-ace to map

I was chatting to a buddy who works at a Goodyear auto center and he was telling me that the company made all the shops remove their oxy-acetylene rigs because some twit blew up a location. They were advised to use penetrating fluids instead. We live in western NY where the winter reaks havok on a vehicle because road salt and temperature fluctuations, penetrating oil (or fluids) can be a long drawn out process where good old fashion heat expansion is far better in most cases. They eventually let them use Methyl Acetylene Propadine (MAP) set ups. Better than penetrating oil, but still not hot enough. I wonder if the guy cut an artery with a razor blade if they would have to remove inspection stickers with plastic butter knives? I smell insurance being the major concern here.

walt

Reply to
wallster

Oxy-mapp, or even oxy/propane is much better than just MAp

Reply to
Ian Stirling