PING: Larry Jacques

So Larry, didja warch the video? thoughts? Eric

Reply to
etpm

I meant to write PING: Larry Jaques. Sorry. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Yes, I did, thanks. Pretty cool. I like the feedback on it, too. So, when are you going to redo it to demonstrate detuning and tuning?

P.S: It's Jaques, no C. Everybody wants me to be Cousteau, I swear...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I noticed the misspelling right after I hit the send button. I did correct it in a subsequent post. I'll try to do the detununing and tuning bit soon. It would be ideal to show the tuning in real time. To do that I may need to remove a pot from the Geckodrive servo amp so it can be tuned remotely by hand instead of with a screwdriver. On the other hand maybe I can kludge something to hold the screwdriver in place while I turn it. I noticed some other novice mistakes in my video so another one that was more prefessional looking might be good. I'm kinda thrilled at seeing something educational I posted on YouTube. I would love to post a bunch of educational videos and have folks watch and learn something from them. That's the only reason I read rcm. Education. I like being on the recieving end as well as doling some out. I love learning and have learned a lot from rcm. I hope the posts I have made in the past have taught others something useful. I would really love it if someone built a machine that ran well using something they learned from me. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Thanks, I saw that shortly afterward.

Yeah, that's great!

Yeah, I'm learning something every day from RCM, too. Love it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They just want to throw you off the boat...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No big deal. I can swim. My JV letter in the Breast Stroke proves it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What about the burlap bags and sash weights they are collecting? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(Oops! Must pay better attention.) That could be awkward. Burlap isn't very watertight.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And it's very easy to tie to those sash weights. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell