plaza machinery

I am looking for opinions on plaza machinery. Good or bad place to deal with?

chuck

I just bought a Logan lathe bed from Joe and I've had numerous conversations with him in the past. He seems like a good guy and Logan recommends him as a used equipment source. He has health problems though, so you should expect to be a little more patient with his service, but eventually he'll get you what you want.

IMHO;

Dave

Interesting. I just bought a Kurt 4 inch vise from him for 300 that was advertised as "like new". At that price I really expected "like new" and I was very disappointed when I received it. Now I get to go to all the hassle of sending it back.

chuck

At $300, it shoulda closed/tightened itself... mebbe done some machining... Really a PITA. And you gotta eat the freight, no? ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

I suspect so.

snipped-for-privacy@w-sherwood.ih.lucent.com (Chuck Sherwood) writes:

Very good IMO. Plaza seems a bit strange if you're used to dealing with McMasters or Enco, but if you stay cool and place orders like Joe suggests, he's great to deal with.

Gregm

Chuck Sherwood wrote:

If you refer to Joe Bergamo, in Bethel VT, I will chime in as a satisfied customer. I visited his place in 2000-2001 time frame and bought a nice Aamco shaper from him. He had a far larger selection of stuff than the list on his website would have you think, and the list is large.

Good place!

Cheers Trevor Jones