plaza machinery

Threaded View

I am looking for opinions on plaza machinery. Good or bad place to
deal with?

chuck

Re: plaza machinery
I just bought a Logan lathe bed from Joe and I've had numerous conversations
with him in the past.  He seems like a good guy and Logan recommends him as
a used equipment source.  He has health problems though, so you should
expect to be a little more patient with his service, but eventually he'll
get you what you want.

IMHO;

Dave

Re: plaza machinery
Interesting. I just bought a Kurt 4 inch vise from him for 300 that was
advertised as "like new".  At that price I really expected "like new"
and I was very disappointed when I received it. Now I get to go to
all the hassle of sending it back.

chuck

Re: plaza machinery
At $300, it shoulda closed/tightened itself... mebbe done some machining...
Really a PITA.  And you gotta eat the freight, no?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Re: plaza machinery

I suspect so.

Re: plaza machinery

Very good IMO.  Plaza seems a bit strange if you're used to dealing with
McMasters or Enco, but if you stay cool and place orders like Joe
suggests, he's great to deal with.

Gregm

Re: plaza machinery

 If you refer to Joe Bergamo, in Bethel VT, I will chime in as a
satisfied customer. I visited his place in 2000-2001 time frame and
bought a nice Aamco shaper from him. He had a far larger selection of
stuff than the list on his website would have you think, and the list is
large.

 Good place!

 Cheers
  Trevor Jones