Question about Insto-gas brand of torch

I acquired an Insto-gas brand of torch, No. 101 - it is a mystery to me. Single fuel inlet, threads same as on my acetylene hose. It has a wooded handle. Anyone know anything about this torch: such as what fuel it used, what it was good to use for. I did a bit of Googling but was not able to find out anything about this model.

Delete "nospam" if you intend to direct reply.

Reply to
aribert

Sounds like a plumbers acetylene torch. Better than propane, especially for working on 'wet' pipes. Usually hooked-up to a small (portable) acetylene cylinder via a short, single hose (no o2 bottle involved).

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Prolly MAPP Gas. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Prolly MAPP Gas. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Isnt that also known as a PrestoLite torch?

Gunner

Gunner