Reiling Pump Oil Can

I recently purchased a Reilang pump oiler (made in Switzerland) and bought directly from Germany, and find it to be far better than anything I?ve found in the US, wherever made. Details are here:

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

On Feb 7, 2016, Christopher Tidy wrote (in article):

Given that the oiler only works when upside-down, it?s probably the valve at the very bottom, where water will collect. That ball is exposed. Unscrew the pump assembly from the body and push the protruding ball against the table, but not so hard as to distort the seat. That should break the ball loose. The other ball is harder to get to, but still not all that difficult.

The diagram in the original patent is pretty clear: US Patent 2,765,963 toReinhold Langguth (Reilang is a contraction of his name). Haussmann bought Langguth?s company, and they are proud of it.

Get a copy of2,765,963 from Google patents.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty cents a couple years back.

Reply to
geraldrmiller

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2016 00:30:03 UTC+1 schrieb Joseph Gwinn:

Thanks. I'll take a look at the can tomorrow.

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I consider it to be a VERY good investment.

Reply to
geraldrmiller