Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc

300/300 stick tig machine?

It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of the five main levels.

As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Do you have the operators manual? Maybe this:

It has a Trouble Shooting section, parts layout and schematic. Not the best copy but I don't know what you already have... If nobody else jumps in I would suggest giving Don a call and see if he wants to come out for supper. You're a bit far away for me to drive over for a look ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

is the knob a pot?

did you try to replace the knob with another pot?

I have a bunch of dc tigs

Ignoramus8699

email me, I'm ready to just trade up.

karltownsendembarqmailcom

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yeah... I got one (of Ig's), and LOVE it. "Old-tech" (NASA-type man-to- the-moon equipment, though just a bit more modern than that), so it's emminently repairable; ALL electro-mechanical,except for the rectifiers. I figure, if it was good enough to put our astronauts into space, it's good enough for the mundane crap I build.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks for the leads but my unit is a fair bit older than the manual you found.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Reply to
Ignoramus8699

You will be fine as long as you do not try to fly into space ;-]

I am glad that you like it!

These welders are truly indestructible.

Ignoramus8699

I also have a Miller Maxstar SD for sale

Ignoramus8699

Ig, I sent the link to my son. I'll wait for his advice and then contact you.

I assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch etc.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl Townsend fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

FWIW, when I got my Miller Syncrowave from Ig, it had ALL the toys!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

For sure nothing is included if it is not shown.

I also have a Maxstar SD suitcase for sale.

Ignoramus8699

But they were all shown!

Ignoramus8699

nothing you have trips my trigger, send pics of this if you can.

I need 1 phase unit and know buying the extras can really cost.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ignoramus8699 fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

But I'll also bet that in the 'stacks', you have stuff you could use to put together a "package", if someone wanted one! I know hoarders (being one of limited ilk, myself), and I'd be willing to wager there are 'extra' torches, leads, and miscellanea on your shelves.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I have torches and leads, but no pedals.

Ignoramus8699

Need more info then, like a model number off it. Calling it an Idealarc is like saying your car is a Chevy ;-)

The one I linked to above is from 1984. For an Idealarc TIG-300/300. Should have a code number on it too I think. That manual was for code

8888 and higher...
Reply to
Leon Fisk

is a good resource for pots, including Mil spec.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I tore the machine apart. Pot runs smooth 0 - 12K ohms. Also tested panel/remote switch, its fine.

Other ideas before the scrap man gets it?

Karl

pics here

Karl Townsend

Wiggle all the connectors and reseat any socketed ICs.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins