Rotary table on sale at enco

Just received this offer from Enco if anyone is looking for a dividing head. =========== Hi GEORGE,

Take advantage of this exclusive 5-Day Web Sale and save 15% on your order of $150 or more at use-enco.com. Apply promo code

5DAYSALE in the promo code box on the shopping cart page to get your discount.

Act now. This Discount offer expires Friday, September 18, 2009 at 11:00 PM EDT.

PHASE II 6" HORIZONTAL ROTARY table Model #SU200-1076 Save 30% Sale Price: $189.95

You can get the dividing plates and arms to convert to a full dividing head.
?SIITEM001=200-1096&SIQTY001=1&SICOUNT=1{also on sale}

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

=========

Do you have experience with this particular offering?, I don't think I'd want to put my name to pushing this stuff without knowing the quality. I ask as I've bought a couple of items on sale from J&L in the UK, 5C spin indexers, about 5-6 years apart, and the recent item while having the same spec and apparently meeting the same tolerances, seems quite a bit more poorly made. I'm happy with the first one for machining for what I do, but I suspect the inspection certificate of the 2nd was an English literacy test , ie enter a number between 0 and the maximum allowable. The 2nd one was bought for a welding fixture so was not critical, it was just a cheap way to provide the desired functionality, the index ring is superfluous. If I was to use it for machining though I would want to verify the 2nd ones accuracy, a few checks seemed to show the inspection chart, as vague as it is, is a fiction. A nice feature of items like the Suburban indexer, is the ground sides to allow easy location for normal machining. I was taught that and noted that the sides of the Chinese copies are unmachined. I located and machined the sides of my cheapo indexer and that works for me for a quick ad easy set-up.

Reply to
David Billington

Not with the rotary table, but Phase II stuff is generally pretty good.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

> =========

Phase II isn't a tool retailer house brand where the quality and sourcing is highly variable, Phase II is an established brand known for decent quality.

Reply to
Pete C.

crap snipped

oh come on - first, ENCO is a reputable outfit that stands behind their stuff, second it's phase II which is a well known second tier brand, and if it actually matters to you, I have one and on a sample of one basis it is fine -

Reply to
Bill Noble