Sherline Lathe and Mini-Mill Videos

In case someone that uses these machines missed the link that pentagrid included in his recent post about miniatuure magnetic chucks, here's a website with videos of the machines. The Brazillian narrator isn't speaking in english, but there are some captions included in some places in the videos.

small magnetic chuck/table
The tiny cutting tools that he makes are remarkable.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Actually I am quite fascinated with his tool sharpener.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The cutting tool sharpener looked like a fairly common tool and cutter grinder to me.

He mentioned that he has modified a bench grinder, but I didn't see it.

I was surprised by the cutting tool overhang for such small tools, and the relatively big workpieces that weren't supported by the tailsock.

I realize that turning cuts on a Sherline lathe would be fairly slow as far as cu.in./minute stock removal, but I would've expected some serious tool chatter with some of his setups.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

We don't want to leave out the woodworkers, so her are some magnetic wood chucks:

;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell