Socket Driver Sizes

Back in 2001 a thread ran talking about the fact that countries that use metric wrench sizes still use inch socket drives. Someone recently asked me if I knew anything about the history of how this came to be. So, I figured that if anyone knew it would be the participants in this newsgroup. Thanks...Mike DeAngelis

Reply to
Mike DeAngelis

Metric sockets do use metric drives. Common drive sizes are 6.35mm,

9.525mm, 12.7mm and 25.4mm.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf

isn't that every country in the world except the USA?

still use inch socket drives. Someone recently asked

Reply to
dalecue

Yeah, and I've got a Huot drill index with metric drills, from

0.1.5875mm up to 12.7mm in 0.396875mm steps.

Take care.

Brian Laws>

Reply to
Brian Lawson