Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories

Threaded View
Looking for accessories for my Toyo (Sakai) ML-210.  I undestand a
Korean company has taken up production of the nifty little machines.

Anyboby know of a mail order supplier ???

Regards,  Al.

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories
Hey, Al:

No, but if you find one, PLEASE let us know!   Nobody is really sure
about that Korean web site, and the company -- as to whether or not
they are actually making the machines;  but AFAIK, nobody has been able
to find one for sale, or an importer.

I spent some time a couple years ago looking into this after Sakai
stopped making them, but never got any responses from the Korean firms.
The guy who runs BayCom and used to carry the Sakai line tried, as
well, with no success.  I was left with the vague impression from what
some other people said that if you were in the market for a substantial
quantity of the little beasts, the Korean company might talk to you,
but only for wholesale quantities.  To my knowledge, nobody is
importing them to the US or Europe at the present time.

Most of the people who used to sell Sakai have replaced them with the
Proxxon line, which is very similar.  Some of the accessories will fit,
some won't.  I've bought stuff from a German distributor in the past,
(sell-it-easy) and they can tell  you what fits and what doesn't.
Mermac.com used to have a list posted on his website, as well, but he's
gotten out of the machinery biz and gone back to sea, so that source is
gone too.

Best regards,

Bob  (I have the Toyo version of the ML210)

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories

Kinda what I was afraid of Bob.  They didn't respond to my email
either.  If they are now making & selling the ML-210 & ML-360 under
the "MANIX" brand, somebody, somewhere in the world must be retailing
them.

My hope is that some north american tool distributor will see the
chance to fill a need & start importing them again.  They would sure
make a few bucks off me at least.  Failing that, I will keep searching
for an overseas jobber.

Al.

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories
Looks like help may be on the way, check out http://www.rejon.co.uk /

Seems they are in the process of importing the MANIX versions to
England.

Regards,  Al.

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories
Al:

Looks like you may be right!  :-)  I wonder when they will actually
have tools in stock, and what the prices will be like?

Bob

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories
Al:

We may be in luck -- check out the online catalog for progress tool --
they've just started carrying the Manix version of these tools.  Don't
know whether anything's in stock, or all ordered direct, but will try
to find out.

Here's the link:  http://www.progresstool.com/cat_lathes2.cfm
Regards,

Bob

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories

Thanks Bob,

Well I'm feeling better by the day.  Shoot me an e-mail if you want to
discuss ml-210 stuff off-line.

Regards,  Al.

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories

Hi,

Check this out :
http://www.toyoview.co.jp/sakai/ml210.htm
http://www.toyoview.co.jp/sakai/acces210.htm

may help.

I'm also looking for the instruction manual of ML-210, can any on
help? Thanks !

Cheers

--
SG525

Re: Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories
HI, always nice to hear from a fellow Sakai sufferer (er owner...).
Email me privately with your address and I'd be happy to send you a
copy of the manual.  Unfortunately, those links you posted are old dead
pages from the Toyo camera company, which has gone out of the business.
 To my knowledge the only current source for these machines and their
parts is through one of Manix's distributors, such as Progress Tool.
Whether they are exactly the same as the Toyo versions, I don't know.
They appear to be.

Regards,

Bob

bob -dot- edwards -at- chromisdesigns -dot- com

Site Timeline