Source for Toyo/Sakai Lathe accessories

Looking for accessories for my Toyo (Sakai) ML-210. I undestand a Korean company has taken up production of the nifty little machines.

Anyboby know of a mail order supplier ???

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Hey, Al:

No, but if you find one, PLEASE let us know! Nobody is really sure about that Korean web site, and the company -- as to whether or not they are actually making the machines; but AFAIK, nobody has been able to find one for sale, or an importer.

I spent some time a couple years ago looking into this after Sakai stopped making them, but never got any responses from the Korean firms. The guy who runs BayCom and used to carry the Sakai line tried, as well, with no success. I was left with the vague impression from what some other people said that if you were in the market for a substantial quantity of the little beasts, the Korean company might talk to you, but only for wholesale quantities. To my knowledge, nobody is importing them to the US or Europe at the present time.

Most of the people who used to sell Sakai have replaced them with the Proxxon line, which is very similar. Some of the accessories will fit, some won't. I've bought stuff from a German distributor in the past, (sell-it-easy) and they can tell you what fits and what doesn't. Mermac.com used to have a list posted on his website, as well, but he's gotten out of the machinery biz and gone back to sea, so that source is gone too.

Best regards,

Bob (I have the Toyo version of the ML210)

Reply to
Bob

Kinda what I was afraid of Bob. They didn't respond to my email either. If they are now making & selling the ML-210 & ML-360 under the "MANIX" brand, somebody, somewhere in the world must be retailing them.

My hope is that some north american tool distributor will see the chance to fill a need & start importing them again. They would sure make a few bucks off me at least. Failing that, I will keep searching for an overseas jobber.

Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Looks like help may be on the way, check out

Seems they are in the process of importing the MANIX versions to England.

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Al:

Looks like you may be right! :-) I wonder when they will actually have tools in stock, and what the prices will be like?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Al:

We may be in luck -- check out the online catalog for progress tool -- they've just started carrying the Manix version of these tools. Don't know whether anything's in stock, or all ordered direct, but will try to find out.

Here's the link:

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks Bob,

Well I'm feeling better by the day. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to discuss ml-210 stuff off-line.

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Hi,

Check this out :

may help.

I'm also looking for the instruction manual of ML-210, can any on help? Thanks !

Cheers

-- SG525

Reply to
SG525

HI, always nice to hear from a fellow Sakai sufferer (er owner...). Email me privately with your address and I'd be happy to send you a copy of the manual. Unfortunately, those links you posted are old dead pages from the Toyo camera company, which has gone out of the business. To my knowledge the only current source for these machines and their parts is through one of Manix's distributors, such as Progress Tool. Whether they are exactly the same as the Toyo versions, I don't know. They appear to be.

Regards,

Bob

bob -dot- edwards -at- chromisdesigns -dot- com

Reply to
Bob