Source for vee/crotch drill pad with 1MT

Does anyone have an idea who may be sellling these in the US or overseas? (P.S. I don't have time for another project to make one)

Reply to
Alloyx

larry g

Thought I saw one today at Sears. But then I wasn't paying close attention to the wood lathe accessories.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Larry,

Thanks for the information I'll check them out.

Barry

Reply to
Alloyx

If they've got one, it's news to me. I was looking for one a couple of years back, my dad bought one many years ago from Sears. They weren't in the catalog when I was looking for them. I ended up getting a cheapy cast-iron v-block and a MT arbor with a threaded end. Bored and tapped a hole in the bottom of the V-block and had an instant drill pad. It works. Total elapsed machine time, maybe 20 minutes, mostly spent getting the block centered up for boring. There's a picture of one like it on one of the 7x minilathe sites, might be Varmint Al's.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer