Speeds and feeds

There's a couple of YouTube videos by TheLazyMachinist that explain speeds, cuts, and feeds very well. More useful for us with little experience, but very well done.

Bob Engelhardt

I didn't watch all of the video, but it made me think. How safe would it be to make some little plaques to doing it wrong? Some little scraps of 1/2" lead, 3/8" brass and aluminum, and 1/4" mild steel that have been machined wrong. Like 3D sculptures that went through an end mill too fast, with dull blades. I'd put one on my desk and probably focus on the bent, torn metal.

What machine would be good for this, or would you have to fake it with a single tooth hydraulic punch?

Reply to
Stumpy

I've been watching some of the videos and I'm learning stuff, so I thought that this thread could use a bump.

Way back I rented some machining videos from smartflix(?) and was very disappointed. They didn't explain very well and were highly repetitious (to fill the time, I suppose). Anyhow, Marc's are much better and are free. His home page:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt