Spinal Tap-HA!

That amp in Spinal Tap is a weenie compared to my auto dark hood, it goes to 13! Eric

Reply to
etpm

I've started using spoked handwheels for electronic control knobs. This is still small enough for fine adjustment:

The center hole runs pretty close to true when chucked by the ID of the rim in a 3-jaw, to bore for the control shaft adapter.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Reminds me of the dinosaur era tensile testing machine my boss asked me to get working. It had a 2' diameter load dial with a max needle, and handwheels fit for a WWII destroyer. The 1' square cast nameplate read "Baldwin Locomotive Works".

I ultimately talked him into a new Instron.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor