Stick Welding sch40 Alum Pipe

I have a project that will be best served by sch 40 Alum pipe - in 1" and

1-1/4" sizes. While I do have a tig welder, it is probably undersized for aluminum of this thickness - and its air-cooled. So, what I want to do is stick weld it. Anyone have experience with stick welding Aluminum? What electrodes are best - currents, polarity, etc...

TIA,

Tony

Reply to
TS

You would be far better off to rent a spoolgun setup or just buy a Readywelder spoolgun.

I have had one for 2 years and love it.

It will run just fine off of your stick welder. All you would need to add would be a bottle of argon.

I run mine from my Maxstar 200DX inverter Stick/TIG

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler