Supertanium

Threaded View
I have some bolts that are marked "Supertanium" on the head.  Does anyone
know the specs on these?  How do they compare with Grade 8 bolts?

Stu Fields snipped-for-privacy@iwvisp.com

Re: Supertanium

You really shouldn't be posting this on a public forum. They're off the
hyperdrive cowlings on the X332 being developed at Groom Lake and are an alloy
of tritanium and Naquitur. Phone the NID, say you're very sorry, sign all the
bullshitty secrecy documents they chuck at you and hope not to spend the rest
of your life 'vanished' in a very deep hole somewhere.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Re: Supertanium
On Sat, 08 May 2004 16:09:50 -0400, Mike Patterson

I don't like Brits in general and I really don't like Brits who think
Americans should grab their ankles after being attacked by  raghead
camel jockeys.

Me too. See above.

See Baker's post 9-11 musings. Talk about puking.

-Carl the Barbarian
"An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura

Re: Supertanium

Carl, comments like above only serve to fuel the global hatred for America.

Regards,

Robin

Re: Supertanium

it is true non the less for many who hate America.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
        - George Orwell

Re: Supertanium

America.

What's true? The rest of the world thinks you should do nothing? No, not
really. But if that's what you mean, then I don't suppose you should even be
discussing this issue with anyone other than those who agree with you.
Whatever floats your boat.

Regards,

Robin

Re: Supertanium

America.

I dont think it fair to say America is hated! What is hated is the fact that
the American government at the moment seems to have more in common with nazi
germany, and appears to think the deaths of millions of people, in service
toward US economic interests is quite acceptable!

Re: Supertanium

That's right! I read it on the NET, so damnit, it has to be true!

Clint Eastwood

Gonna send me some more vulgar mail, pain brain?

Re: Supertanium

PLONK!

Re: Supertanium

 Wow, I'm half Brit. A pleasure to be half disliked.
 BTW, What's your lineage, Carl? <G>

 ~Dave

Re: Supertanium

Part donkey?

mj

Re: Supertanium

Call these guys and ask them.

http://www.korayvo.com/other.html

It seems they sell them.

Re: Supertanium
They are suppose to a case hardened high tensile fastener, but the
supplier does not have any references or specs on his site so I would
treat them with suspicion.  I seem to remember some sales people coming
around years ago with their drills and taps making a lot of claims.  The
sales types barely knew the difference between a drill and a tap :-)

James P Crombie
Slemon Park, PEI
Re: Supertanium
Thanks Ernie.  I sure don't know what NG that other stuff came from. But if
they are comedians, I hope they keep their day job.

Stu Fields
anyone

Re: Supertanium
Ernie:  Thanks to you I did contact Karayvo and they sent me the results of
an independent testing lab on Supertanium bolts....Wheee 222,200 psi
ultimate strength!!!
Thanks again for the assist....
Stu Fields

anyone

Re: Supertanium

Slightly better than grade 8, about grade 9  HTH
--
SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS
   Have 5 nice days!     John

Oh BORING !!!! You know quite well they are of off world origin so why torment
the OP ?

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Re: Supertanium
On 09 May 2004 03:55:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comma (Dave Baker) shouted
from the rooftop:

You have never been more wrong in your entire life. Thanks.

-Carl
"An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura

Re: Supertanium
On Sat, 8 May 2004 09:22:22 -0700, "Stu & Kathy Fields"

I'm going to hazard a SWAG.  It appears that this term applies to
cutting tools as well as fasteners.

The fasteners seem to be aimed primarily at the automotive industry.
There are some for sale on eBay, now.   It may be that they are German
Imports and/or that they are made or distributed out of Fort
Lauderdale, FL, since there is a website of that name registered to
someone in that town. (Also, likely that it is a domain name
squatter.)

Cutting tools seem to be limited to brake lathe tools, drills, and the
like.

Personally, I suspect that these are grade eight or better fasteners
marketed under a catchy name. I guess they could be Titanium
fasteners, but since they are offered 20 for $7.00, I doubt it.
However, I really can't tell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=2474023813&rd=1

Site Timeline