Supertanium

I have some bolts that are marked "Supertanium" on the head. Does anyone know the specs on these? How do they compare with Grade 8 bolts?
Stu Fields snipped-for-privacy@iwvisp.com

You really shouldn't be posting this on a public forum. They're off the hyperdrive cowlings on the X332 being developed at Groom Lake and are an alloy of tritanium and Naquitur. Phone the NID, say you're very sorry, sign all the bullshitty secrecy documents they chuck at you and hope not to spend the rest of your life 'vanished' in a very deep hole somewhere.
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk) I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
On Sat, 08 May 2004 16:09:50 -0400, Mike Patterson
I don't like Brits in general and I really don't like Brits who think Americans should grab their ankles after being attacked by raghead camel jockeys.

Me too. See above.

See Baker's post 9-11 musings. Talk about puking.
-Carl the Barbarian "An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura

Carl, comments like above only serve to fuel the global hatred for America.
Regards,
Robin

it is true non the less for many who hate America.
Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.         - George Orwell

America.
What's true? The rest of the world thinks you should do nothing? No, not really. But if that's what you mean, then I don't suppose you should even be discussing this issue with anyone other than those who agree with you. Whatever floats your boat.
Regards,
Robin

America.
I dont think it fair to say America is hated! What is hated is the fact that the American government at the moment seems to have more in common with nazi germany, and appears to think the deaths of millions of people, in service toward US economic interests is quite acceptable!
Brain Damage wrote:

That's right! I read it on the NET, so damnit, it has to be true!
Clint Eastwood
Gonna send me some more vulgar mail, pain brain?

PLONK!
Carl Byrns wrote:

Wow, I'm half Brit. A pleasure to be half disliked. BTW, What's your lineage, Carl? <G>
~Dave
Dave wrote:

Part donkey?
mj

Call these guys and ask them.
http://www.korayvo.com/other.html
It seems they sell them.
They are suppose to a case hardened high tensile fastener, but the supplier does not have any references or specs on his site so I would treat them with suspicion. I seem to remember some sales people coming around years ago with their drills and taps making a lot of claims. The sales types barely knew the difference between a drill and a tap :-)
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

--
James P Crombie
Slemon Park, PEI

Ernie: Thanks to you I did contact Karayvo and they sent me the results of an independent testing lab on Supertanium bolts....Wheee 222,200 psi ultimate strength!!! Thanks again for the assist.... Stu Fields

Stu & Kathy Fields wrote:

Slightly better than grade 8, about grade 9 HTH
--
SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS
Have 5 nice days! John

Oh BORING !!!! You know quite well they are of off world origin so why torment the OP ?
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk) I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
On 09 May 2004 03:55:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comma (Dave Baker) shouted from the rooftop:

You have never been more wrong in your entire life. Thanks.
-Carl "An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura
On Sat, 8 May 2004 09:22:22 -0700, "Stu & Kathy Fields"

I'm going to hazard a SWAG. It appears that this term applies to cutting tools as well as fasteners.
The fasteners seem to be aimed primarily at the automotive industry. There are some for sale on eBay, now. It may be that they are German Imports and/or that they are made or distributed out of Fort Lauderdale, FL, since there is a website of that name registered to someone in that town. (Also, likely that it is a domain name squatter.)
Cutting tools seem to be limited to brake lathe tools, drills, and the like.
Personally, I suspect that these are grade eight or better fasteners marketed under a catchy name. I guess they could be Titanium fasteners, but since they are offered 20 for $7.00, I doubt it. However, I really can't tell.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryF093&item $74023813&rd=1

Site Timeline

Related Threads