TIG projects

Anybody have stories of projects they had to do when learning TIG welding, or other exercises to try when learning it?

I had no problems with 14 and maybe even some 16 guage carbon steel, but struggled with anything thicker (1/8" and up) and keeping up the fill rod rate or not changing angles of the torch as I moved along a weld. Obviously I need to practice that with a spotter again. I really had no idea what was going on for some reason.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Just keep practicing. I've been TIG'n for 20 years and I'm still learning.

Watch Jody's videos. I learned a couple of things just yesterday doing that.

Don Foreman