tilting welding cylinder cart - redux

Reason I was asking about why the tilting cart is a guy in my neighborhood had one sitting empty in his driveway. I recently upsized my OA cylinders and no longer have a cart. Tonight I strolled over there while he was yakking with 4 buds working on a race car in his shop. Sure enough, I came home with this cart. Price couldn't get any righter - FREE. It badly needs some paint but is structurally sound and bears the makers decal of which enough remains to read the coveted "MADE IN USA".

I now figure carts tilt just for safety in transport. On 3 (or more) wheels they're unlikely to fall over. And the bigger sized tanks are actually pretty heavy.

To the guy who asked "like this one"? Yes, it's a lot like that one, only a bit different. It would be pretty easy to make but it would take a couple of days and then you still have to come up with wheels. I've been looking for cheap wheels for a long time now. Yup, it'll be easier to scrub this one off and paint it and call it good to go.

Grant

Reply to
Karen Story

Try

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Regional Technical School Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811
Reply to
Errol Groff

I wasn't looking for caster assemblies. Just wheels. That go on an axle. And for a cutting/welding torch cart, they should be solid rubber wheels, not pneumatic and at least 12" in diameter.

Anyway, yes cheapcasters has casters for cheap. I bought my 6" steel casters there, the ones I put on my machinery moving skates. I wasn't real wild about the quality but they work fine. I did replace all the 6mm straight zerk fittings because the other ones literally fell apart. But they were dirt cheap.

Grant

Errol Groff wrote:

Reply to
Karen Story