toggle nut/speed nut

I am looking for a listing or description on a quick way to clamp down material using tee nuts and threaded rods. I need a quick way to take up slack. I have seen pictures years ago but don't know what they are called. They are like a coupling nut with the upper half having thread on half the diameter then on the lower part there are threads on the opposite side of the inside diameter. When loosened one can tip the nut over and it slides off the threaded rod. Anyone made them or... know a source?? ( 5/8 UNC) Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Check this out.

Bruce

Reply to
BJ

Carr-Lane makes knobs like that up to 1/2-13.

Northwestern has 5/8-11 inserts.

I thought I've seen hex nuts as well, but can't find them now. Both Carr-Lane and Northwestern call the feature "quick-acting".

Reply to
Ned Simmons

It looks as if one could make a fixture to hold coupling nuts at the right angle and run a 5/8 end mill thru them. Maybe just an angle vise with a stop to locate the nut under the spindle. and then run the right Ohio Brush thru to remove the burrs.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

See Lee valley - Extra Speed Nuts, set of 4 05F01.03

:-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Thanks everyone. I even found a drawing of one in an old text so I am off and running. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman