Ultrasonic cleaner schematics

Schematics for the simple power oscillators used to drive ultrasonic cleaners (for cleaning metal parts) can be found at:

Some of the MOSFET's cited are obsolete; you can substitute a 400-volt or 500-volt part of current manufacture from ST or IR. One candidate might be STP14N50Z, $3.24 each from Digi-Key.

Warning: voltages exceeding 1 KV at lethal power level can exist in these circuits at resonance. I won't answer design questions, but others might. Have fun, be careful.

Reply to
Don Foreman

The real trick, of course, is the sourcing of the magic epoxy used to bond new wafers (ebay) to the tank. 3M x214 series or equivalent from other makers. Last I looked, it was gonna cost a LOT of money to get 10x what I needed...

Any> Schematics for the simple power oscillators used to drive ultrasonic

Reply to
Mark F

Mark, the only 3M 214s I could find were a coating and an LC-1214 light-cure adhesive. If you have a part number I might be able to get samples.

Reply to
Don Foreman

claims to be one of the biggest 3M distributors, and to keep lots of stuff on the shelves. At least that's what the outside sales guy who visited last week claimed :-). Get the full part number and give them a call.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)

Reply to
Carl Ijames

I see that they have a warehouse not far from me. Great tip, thanks!

Reply to
Don Foreman