Was CZ75 compact now S&W M&P 40 compact

Well, I finally connected with a PDW I liked. Called a sporting goods place down state that is normally farther than I like to travel but it is only an hour from work. Guy said he had two S&W M&P Compacts in .40 SW.

Blew half a day of vacation to go down. Boss asked me to work another Saturday and Sunday in a row, I said okay and smiled. He looked puzzled since I don't normally work Sundays.

It took an hour to clear the gun store, that included the 90 seconds it took me to look at the pistol and say I'll buy it. Sheesh. Two salesmen, two customers a head of me. Followed by filling out the paperwork and getting clearance.

Oh, it was nice to see shelves of ammo with every calibre I've had a hard time finding. I stopped to stare at it after paying for my gun and ammo. Counter guy thought I wanted something and inquired. I told him I just wanted to rest my eyes on a shelves full of ammo, it has been a long time.

Should have stopped to get lunch but I wanted to get back to the club I belong too and shoot it.

Driving home, I must have let my foot rest on the gas peddle, I was doing 65 in a 55 zone. I looked down and let up, looked up and saw a cruiser after a car passed by the other way, he saw me and hit the lights. FUG. I pull over to the shoulder immediatly, get my drivers licence and CCW out and stick it out the window with my other hand on the wheel.

Deputy walks my way, hand resting on holster, I hand him my credentials and point with my left hand to the passenger seat and say, I have a fireare there.

Asks if there are any more. I say no. Do you know why I stopped you? I respond, "because I was going to darn fast". Where are you heading? I respond, "To my gun club to try this out on plates and then home".

Wants registration and proof of insurance. I point to glove compartment which is near the passenger seat with new purchase sitting on it. I ask, can I open it? He says yes. I say, I just don't want to worry you. He responds, no problem, if you tried something it would be over before you know it. ;)

Hand him the paperwork, visions of a 150 dollar fine in my head and blowing my budget for accessories along with higher insurance rates.

Deputy comes back, I only see my paperwork in his hand. I'm hopefull. He hands it back to me and tells me to slow down. I respond 'Yes sir'. He asks, what did you buy anyway? I say S&W M&P .40, he grunts approval and lets me go. He also thanked my for my courtesy.

I drove really observant the rest of the way.

Get to the club, two of the plates on the plate rack are missing. But there are

4 poppers that are not there normally. I shoot at the plates, I'm not shooting worth a chit and I don't think it is the gun, I'm 5 hours past lunch since I was in too much of a hurry to get the gun and head back. One positive point is I got back all my brass including a extra whose headstamp matced what I'm shooting.

I was working on debugging me and my shooting when the rain came down in buckets so I had to give it up which is likely a good thing.

Stopped by mom's and changed out here wheel chair bearings again (metal working content) and went home.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

When I go to the public range and shovel-up my brass, I end up with a bunch of stuff and have accumulated quite a few .40s. Now I have to buy a new pistol rather than let that brass just sit. I'll look at S&W.

Reply to
Buerste

The S&W M&P's are fine pieces. I have 2 in .45. Trigger pull is a bit high though but easy strip and clean. Bob

Reply to
Bob

finding. I

Congratulations!

Speaking of gun shops, here's one that Mary 'n I intend to visit sooner than later:

Look at some of the pictures on this site! 200 yard indoor rifle range? 3000 guns on display?

This place is a bit more than an hour from my driveway, in a little town I'd never heard of until a couple of days ago.

Reply to
Don Foreman

finding. I

I quit mentally kicking tires and picked a pony. Now I learn to ride her.

As Jed Clampett would say, Woo-doggie!

I wish I was going with you. A trip report would be well received by the shooters in the group, especially this shooter.

Wes

Wes

'Wee Doggies'?

Reply to