Weight of Rockwell Delta 14 inch lathe

Does anybody happen to have this bit of information?

I have to haul one 150 miles and need to get my ducks in a row for a truck and a trailer.

Thanks.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis van Dam

Call it 1100 lbs.

Gunner Asch

Thanks Gunner.

I would have guessed higher but it would be strictly guessing.

My (vertical) Burke Millrite milling machine manual says the mill weighs

1600 pounds and I hauled that in my 900 pound single axle trailer behind 77' toyota PU no problem.

Eyeballing the lathe, it looks heavier than the mill but glad to hear it's not. The trip back is going to take me up, over and down the far side of

1400 foot tall plateau and the down grade is 6 percent with two runaway truck ramps that I'm not interested in having to try out for being pushed by the lathe. (-:

Dennis

PS I may still take the long way around the mountain.

Reply to
Dennis van Dam

There=92s a Rockwell lathe group on Yahoo that might have that info:

you can hire a ramp truck (car hauler) driver to do this.

- DG

Reply to
guillemd

Right you are! I was on their doorstep a few days ago and there were some hoops to jump through to join the group which I was too lazy to indulge just then so I went looking elsewhere for parts and info (such as here) with the intention of getting back to that later. Thanks for the reminder, I just submitted request to join. It took me half hour to accomodate submission requirements (200 characters to justify motive for joining but you have to count the characters yourself.....(on a computer?!!).....and the explanation kept getting shorter and seemingly more terse without meaning to be so. I now humbly await acceptance.

A sensible option but then I'd have more invested in transporting the lathe than I do in buying it. Besides being too cheap to go this route I'm going to need that cash for L00 back plate, an 8 inch chuck and some repair parts (if I can find them). Per Gunners assesment of the weight, my trailer is up to toting the load, it's my POS Toyota with a split camshaft bearing cap rattling over the spinning cam (runs great tho!) that has me mildly concerned going the distance and going over the mountain pulling (and pushing when I brake!) on all that weight. May have to borrow a bigger truck.

DG, thanks for the reply.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis van Dam