What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

Threaded View
I received all the brake parts that I need to fix the brakes on the
outdoor Cat forklift. I just wanted to ask what is the proper grease
to use around the Timken wheel bearing. Thanks.

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

Any good wheel bearing grease should be fine, it's not like it's a high
speed bearing. I'd go with a good synthetic grease personally, I've had
great luck with all the Mobil 1 products over the years.

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

I like "Mobil I" products also.  In some instances it's overkill and
expensive but it's my standard and in critical applications it shines.

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:15:53 -0600, Ignoramus30836

whatever wally world has on sale...

What did you find on the side shift?

Karl

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:15:53 -0600, Ignoramus30836

You really need to find a service manual for that CAT, Ig.
It'll answer all those questions you've posed and more.
Doesn't CAT have those (service or owner's manuals) online?
Is it a real CAT or a Mitsubishi/CAT lift?

In any case, it'll be a high-pressure wheel bearing grease.

--
Resolve to be thyself: and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery.
                                                           -- Matthew Arnold

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

http://www.timken.com/en-us/products/lubrication/Pages/default.aspx

Re: What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:15:53 -0600, Ignoramus30836

  Either a black or blue Lithium High Pressure grease should work -
the blue stuff is more waterproof for boats.  But that's only an
educated guess.

Get hold of the Service Manual for the forklift.  It will have all
that information in the Maintenance section, and a whole lot more.

Even shows the entire repair process broken down into steps, so you
don't have mystery parts left over when you're done.

--<< Bruce >>--

Site Timeline