What is it? LXV

Another set of photos has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

370. Cable crimper 371. Mandrel bender (for brake lines and such)
Reply to
David Sizemore

370 Crimping tool for electrical connectors 371 Tubing bender 372 Not sure, but I think it's a spanner wrench for tightening/loosening fire hose couplings 373 BX type wiring conduit 374 Damfino 375 ? but some type of crimper.
Reply to
Norman D. Crow
374. End of a boat hook or window opening tool. Bill
Reply to
William Falcone

370. No clue 371. Tubing bender 372. A snoogle 373. Light bulb base 374. Antique door stop 375. Crimper

RCM

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady
370: Ferrule crimper...could be for electrical cables or coax fittings 371: Tubing bender 372: Looks like a wall sheathing jack, like used for raising drywall up snug. 373: base of a light bulb 374: Window-opener pole end 375: Looks like another ferrule or thimble crimper
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
  • Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why not an ordinary "pipe cutter" or whatever it is called?

Reply to
Jon Haugsand

The tool shown doesn't cut, it compresses.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

370 Crimper for multi-pin plug connectors' pins and sockets. That one happens to be for Buchanan plugs, but works on a lot of others. Crimp pins on all the wires then push the pins into the plug base. Don't misplace any: The boss gets shirty about that. DAMHIK! :) 371 tubing bender

372 Firehose connector wrench?

373 lightbulb screw base

374 business end of a window push bar? Used to use one to open/close windows in grade school.

375 H.K. Porter high leverage crimp and cut tool for wire splicing
Reply to
John Husvar

364. Some kind of pocket sized tire pressure gauge.

366. No fine winos here yet? It's a twin lever operated corkscrew.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia
373 does not look quite like a lamp base. I think it is a flex line, like used to hook up a gas stove. The rest have been answered, or I don't know.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

370 - A crimper of some sort 371 - A tubing bender of some sort 372 - A five gallon bucket lid opener 373 - Flexible conduit? 375 - A crimper of some sort

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Yup! Missed the screw hole for retaining it on the wood pole the first time I looked.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

# 370: for crimping caples. # 371: tube bender, low cost, taiwan crap # 372: Milk can opender. Or shoe horn for bootleggers # 373: Light bulb thread # 374: Poor guy. Must be a pain for his girl-friend too. # 375: crimp pliers again.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Coax ruiner. Could also be a tool for installing the little thing that holds the eraser on a pencil, they look a lot alike.

Tube bender

Patent electrical shorting device.

Little thing that holds the eraser on a pencil.

Prop from the old Flash Gordon movies.

Charlie Bucket's father's toothpaste cap screwing tool.

Reply to
JohnM

Head for a window opening pole. We had one in every classroom in my grade and high school

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I'm afraid I'm all to familar with #366. It usually comes out around

5ish, especially when there is a plate of cheese and crackers.

Oh Hell...let's get real, a hot dog works for me too!

Marie

Reply to
Marie Forjan

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

370) Crimper for individual electrical connector pins which are subsequently inserted into the connector body. I do see something which looks strange about this. In the first and second shots, it appears to have only three indenters (an unusual number), while in the third shot it has the more common four indenters.

Frequently, there is a mount on the other side which accepts a bushing which will hold the pin at just the right depth, to assure that the crimp occurs where the walls are thinned to crimp onto the wire.

The hole looks rather large in this one, so I believe that it is for a larger pin than those which I normally use.

371) A device for bending a specific size of tubing. It looks too small to be a "hickey" for bending electrical conduit, so I suspect that it is for bending copper tubing for compressed air or for water. It looks as though it is intended to drop over a large pin (and rotated on that), while the pin is mounted to a vise or a workbench, and it should have a second hook to hold the other side of the bend.

The material looks like cast zinc (pot metal), so I doubt that it would be strong enough for stainless steel tubing. However, I might be mis-identifying the material.

372) No real idea about this one. It sort of looks like a tool for disengaging lead-acid battery terminals, but if so, it would seriously risk shorting the battery -- a bad idea.

It might be a tool for removing the bungs on steel drums (barrels).

373) This looks like the rolled threads in the base of a standard incandescent light bulb. 374) This fits on the end of a wooden pole -- or maybe a pipe. From the shape, it looks as though it is for guiding a rope over an open-sided pulley from below. 375) Another crimper. From the looks of the dies, and the serious amount of metal in the head, I suspect that it is for crimping sleeves on steel cable runs -- to make eye splices or similar functions.

Now to see what others have posted.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thread on the end of a garden hose?

Reply to
William
370 - Cabble end crimper?

371 - Tubing bender

372 - fire department hode coupling spanner

373 - light bulb base?

374 - hok end of a pole to open and close swing-out windows

375 - solderless electrical connector crimpwer

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan