What is it? Set 541

A new set has been posted:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Hey, I *have* one of those! #3159. My father bought it sometime around 1970, I guess. It's a combination tool consisting of two screwdrivers and a hammer, nested together. To access the small screwdriver you unscrew the silver-color knob and pull it out from inside the brass handle; to access the large one you unscrew the brass handle, which doubles as the handle of the screwdriver, and pull the blade out from inside the hammer shaft.

Reply to
Mark Brader

3161. Lamp extractor for a panel lamp that I cannot remember where. l-)
Reply to
John G

I would agree.

3157 For cutting leather maybe 3159 as he said above. 3160 derailer for a bike.
Reply to
woodchucker
3159 It has two screw drivers in the handle 3160 claw mount derailleur

Robert

Reply to
Robert
3157 Looks like it might be a tool for splitting soft wood, perhaps a basketmaker's material preparation tool.
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Ok the hammer, one that I played with when I was a kid, had many more than

2 screwdrivers as mentioned by others. IIRC it had 5 or 6 straight blade screw drivers.. The smallest would work well on eye glasses and about 1.5" long.
Reply to
Leon

#3160 Derailer for a bike missing afew pieces

Reply to
Markem

Yep, I remember this one. I actually bought one of these when young. The hammer was useless. But I did use the screwdrivers a few times.

Reply to
Lee Michaels
3161 Looks like a plugger to check condition of a block of cheese. WW

A new set has been posted:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
WW

Must be a heckuva' hard cheese judging by the amount of mushrooming on the latter... :)

Reply to
dpb

#3159 contains a set of nesting screwdrivers in the handle. These were sometimes final exam works for machinist apprentices.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

#3158 i think it is a gunsmithig tool to adjust iron sights on a gun.

Walter

Am 17.04.2014 10:04, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft

Yes, that's what it is, I didn't know the answer when it was sent to me but today five or ten people have given this answer.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, although this particular one has four screwdrivers.

Reply to
Rob H.

This answer is correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good answer, it's for installing and removing a pistol sight.

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob H. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Since the reset already seem to have answers...

3162 - Probably way off but perhaps to collect maple syrup from a tree?
Reply to
Larry
3162: a sapletting tool used on acer saccharum "to make maple syrup, first catch a tree"
Reply to
whit3rd

Nope, that's not it, these are much larger than typical syrup taps.

Reply to
Rob H.