What is this rotating welding table?

I bought this table, along with two Fanuc robotic welders and two Lincoln Idealarc DC-400 MIG welders.

The table rotates around the middle.

The table clearly is a welding table. It has a welding cable connection on the bottom that swivels. (and also came with some length of

3/0 welding cables)

But what does it do exactly, eludes me. It is made by Automated Concepts of Omaha, NE, that fell victim to corporate carnage.

Ignoramus30438

It's a palette changer of sorts with a shield in the middle. On one side the robots are welding, on the other side the humans are removing the previously welded part and installing the next part to be welded. When both are complete it indexes to the other side and the process resumes.

Reply to
Pete C.

Exactly.

What language do the robots speak? I have a big box of Karel programming manuals for a GMF Fanuc welding robot I did some work on.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

This is what it is, GMF Robotics Fanuc robots.

This is the auction page.

Ignoramus30438

Perfect answer, makes 100% sense.

Ignoramus30438

What Pete said: two position rotary table. Typically used on a robot welder, slight chance it could be used for a manual operation if the setup is particularly ugly or they wanted to let things cool in the fixture. You will find that the table spins fairly fast. I'd expect it to spin 180 degrees in 5 to 10 seconds. Look for some detents or locking pins to assure that it is EXACTLY in position.

Reply to
RoyJ

Ah, brings back memories. i was responsible for the care and feeding of four GMF robot cells for about three years. Still got a bad spot on my arm from when I f$%^ up and programmed the robot to pin me down. I didn't DARE turn in the injury - lead engineer doing something unsafe to cause a lost time accident.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I will have two GMF robots for sale soon.

Ignoramus7037