What kind of screws for kurt vise

I just got a pair of vise jaws for my 6" Kurt clone. Holes in jaws seems to be huge. A head of hex screw for this thread size too small and goes right through the hole. Washer for this thread size are too big. What kind of screws are supposed to used with Kurt vise jaws?

Reply to
Alex

Normally, SHCS's. (Socket head cap screws).

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

That's what I thought. But vise has 3/8-16 thread and jaws has through holes .55" in diameter. Regular 3/8-16 socket head cap screw has head less than that.

Reply to
Alex

Kurt uses 1/2-13 socket cap screws.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Jaws for teh wrong vise???? ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Obviously this Kurt clone maker decide to use smaller screw size rendering all standard Kurt jaws useless.

Reply to
Alex

Oh, come on. Turn up some bushings. You're a machinist, right?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin