What you can do with scrap metal

Truly amazing stuff.

Ignoramus15345

Gunner Asch on Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:56:23 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I like this one but then I'm more "into" woodworking.

pyotr filipivich

Incredible ! Thanks for posting that , I know a couple more folks that will truly appreciate it .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Not "What you can do with scrap metal", rather "What someone with a lot of artistic talent can do with scrap metal".

Reply to
Pete C.

Ignoramus15345 on Tue, 24 Jun

2014 23:39:32 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I like that.

But I am reminded of the cartoon in Punch, many, many years ago. Two working class blokes (you can tell by the overalls), are in the museum, looking at a bit of metal sculpture, with the caption. "Sure it's Art, Bert. But can you really say it is 'welding'?"

pyotr filipivich

Great point. I can make useful things out of scrap metal, but never anything beautiful.

Ignoramus28291

There is a guy in Bangkok that does something similar

I met the guy many years ago when he was just a little one man band. He told me that he had been a motorcycle mechanic and got to fooling around with a welder and some scrap parts and people liked them. All of the statues I saw then were made from old engine parts.

Reply to
John B. slocomb

I hasten to add, that such stuff is popular in Mexico, they weld small souvenirs for tourists from scrap metal, very artistically.

I made some stick people from TIG filler rod and nuts and bolts, also turned out to be kind of cute.

Looks really great and fascinating.

Ignoramus28291

We have a couple of those scrap metal sculptures on I-5 between California and Oregon. One 8' tall steer and another 12' tall dragon. Very cool.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If Ig can find a similar artist in his area, he can open the Ig Art Museum and sell junk, er, art. A new division of Ig Enterprises!

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

My most artistic "make something useful from scrap metal" project, so far, is this round blacksmith table.

Ignoramus21707

Fun, Reminds me a bit of Griffis sculpture park.

400 acres of woods and fields with metal sculptures sprinkled about. A nice day hike if you are in Western NY. George H.
Reply to
ggherold

You're a 'Termite Enabler'. :)

Reply to