Where to get cork for clutches

Wha? They make corks for HOs?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:16:43 PM UTC-5, Clare wrote: Hudson had a cork

As I remember the cork on the Hudson clutches was not a sheet of cork. I remember it as being a bunch of round cork pieces. That memory is from a very long time ago and may not be accurate.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Greetings Paul, I guess an address would be good. E T Precision Machine

6760 Neely Rd. Clinton, WA 98236 Thanks again, Eric
Reply to
etpm

The lining on a 1937 terraplane was 8 5/8 inches OD and 5 5/8 inches ID and 0.203 inches thick. On a 1937 Hudson 8, it was 9 3/8OD and 6 3/8 ID and 0.203" thick. The cost of a new clutch disc in 1937 was $5.50 on a six and $4.50 on an eight. The throwout bearing was $2.95, The pressure plate was $4 for a 6 and $5 for an 8. The clutch springs were $0.15 each (6 on a six and 12 on an 8) and the throwoput levers were $0.40 each. The pilot bearing was $1.50 The Hudsonite fluid was to be changed every 5-15 thousand miles. The clutch held 1/3 pint of fluid. It was common to flush the clutch with Kerosene if a clutch slipped or grabbed or chattered, and fill with fresh hudsonite. This removed the black glaze on the cork and rejuvinated the cork.

Reply to
clare